Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Camp Kim...day 2



I have started getting educational books for Lucy from the library more then the story books we generally get. I love it because I generally learn something new too. Today it was about Lady Bugs...I learned a lot. So today was all about Lady bugs. We read the book Are You A Ladybug? and then we painted Lady Bug rocks and had a coloring page with a ladybug that I just printed off line.

Overall it was a pretty awesome day! When I have all six kids sleeping at one time for about 2 hours I want to just pat myself on the back. There are times I feel like I am a conductor of a orchestra. I have a 2 month old, 2 year old, (3) 4 year olds and a 6 year old and I think I handle it pretty well and keep everyone happy nearly all the time. I have all the older kids do exercises, then dance class and then arts and crafts, lunch and then we have "quiet time" where everyone falls asleep after our busy morning. Then the afternoon is generally outdoor play time. It was a good day.

During nap time I actually got to read for a little bit - Wow! I haven't had much time to do that lately so it felt really really good! This is my read:
It's the second book of the Hunger Games Trilogy. I read it when it first came out last September but the third book comes out in August and so I wanted to re-read it again. Oh my gosh, I love it!!! It just keeps turning the pages...at least when I get to sit and read.

4 comments:

Janel said...

Kim,you are so amazing! Camp Kim sounds like such a fun thing and I bet the kids are loving it. You are an inspiration to all moms with young children.

Trista said...

Ladybug rocks! Awesome!! Perhaps we'll search for a ladybug book today. :P

OOH! I didn't know the 3rd Hunger Games book is coming out!!! Guess I'll be getting Catching Fire today!

Betty said...

I want to come to camp Kim!! Sounds like it was a busy and successful day!
You are a superstar!

Kate Clayton said...

Amazing! You could be an elementary school teacher will all of your cute ideas. Keep posting. I love all the great ideas!