Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day





We have a lot of yard work to do on our little duplex to make it something we're proud of. Nick & I had a goal to finish the front yard on Memorial Day. It took longer then I thought it would, but we got it finished thanks to Nicks dedication to me! The yard used to just slop down to the sidewalk and was just dirt from about where the grass ends now. We have cleaned up the grass quite a bit, and Nick put in all the rock wall and border last summer. Up by the house is a border with river rock too...it looks a lot better! Next is the back yard and then PAINT the place! I wanted a Navy blue the same as Nick's brother's house up in Alaska with white trim and a white picket fence and big bold white trim around the windows. We will probably do a boring tan color just to cover up the peach and leave the brown trim. It may not be as cute, but it's practical and this is just an investment property after all right?

Lucy was so cute the whole day by either helping or sitting in the rocks with the hose turned on a little bit and some pails...I mean what kid doesn't like water and pails right?! I'm glad we got it all done on Memorial Day because it was the last of the nice days here.

2 comments:

Millers! said...

oh it looks so good Kim.. good job!really, you wont have a heart attack... they will slowly break you in, then jump on top of the car... or take a knife to lucys finger, or whatever else they think is "fun" LOL! Love ya

Mower Family said...

Looks Fabulous you guys. It's great to see the rock wall. Hey if you want we have a backyard up here that could use a wall and some leveling!lol. Cat