Monday, October 6, 2008

Grandma & Grandpa for a visit...

Nicks parents got to come up for the weekend. They came up Thursday night and stayed until Monday mid morning. I had a terrible cold for the whole time, so it was nice to have the help, but I felt so bad! I wish I could have gone out and done more fun things with them.

Nick, his parents and Lucy did get to go to the Raptor Club's expo-type-thingy up at the University. They rescue hurt birds and take them in. They had eagles, owls, hawks, and many more birds. I was kind of disappointed I didn't get to go, but it was the "first annual" so I'm assuming it will be here again next year.

Then Saturday evening Nick's Mom & I took Lucy to see the Children's Theater production of The Little Mermaid...Lucy danced and clapped her way through the show - it was a hit!

Of coarse we didn't get that many pictures, because we never do. These pictures of Grandma & Lucy were just too cute though!
I am just so grateful for family! It's nice to have them come visit and for Lucy to get to know them and love them. Thanks for all you do!!


4 comments:

Mower Family said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a fun time and were able to do things. So much fun having grandma and grandpa around. One of the reasons we wish we were closer. The rapter show sounds fun. Lucy is such a cutie. I think I might have to make a tutu for josette they are very fun.

The Yancey Family said...

Yeah for Grandma's and Grandpa's! It really is so nice to have good ones, isn't it?

Betty said...

That is so nice that you had a great visit with grandma and grandpa Mower, I bet the Little Mermaid was so much fun for Lucy.

Alan and Kiersten said...

i love those pics of lucy with grandma! lucy is so darn cute, i can't even get over it!