Monday, December 15, 2008

I do not like it when...


. . .people call and assume I have caller ID and I know who they are...I can't stand it! I feel so phony when I'm faking being nice while trying to figure it out while not wanting to be rude and admitting I don't know THEIR voice even though I don't know who THEY are. I just had a phone call that I swear it sounded exactly like one of my friends from way back and I got all excited, but then they asked about something in the ward, so I knew they were from my ward, but I hung up not even knowing who I had spoken to. Oh well, I answered their questions.

So the moral of the story is, not every one has caller ID...please just say "Hey, it's so and so..." I love talking on the phone, and I feel as though gabbing to old friends is a talent of mine, but it's a much more genuine response if I know who it is when I'm talking on the phone. So go ahead and call anytime, just let me know who I'm talking to...please.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Well it was not me. Who eles could it be? So I am making the tutu for Raquel first birthday! So cute thanks for sharing! How is Nick's Job? Boman got one for some high end going green construction company and were moving to WY. Is it possible to live in a smaller place than Rexburg? Let me tell you yes and I will be there for 3-4 years! Paying our dues now I guess.

Riley Family said...

That is so funny Kim. I have one of those people living with me. My husband NEVER tells people who he is when he calls. I am usually sitting in the background whisering, "It's Randy!". Then he reluctantly tells them. But I am sure that most of the time the person on the other end is grateful to finally know who they are talking to. :) Funny!

Millers! said...

OH KIM... you crack me up! I LOVE YOU!

The Bott Family said...

Too funny. I'm glad I always catch myself! Happy to know you're not annoyed with me...well, maybe you are, BUT it is not for the whole phone things!!!

CBJ said...

Uh-oh. Guilty as charged. :) Fun to see all your pics and catch up on what your fam is up to....love ya!!