Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My good fortune...

I went to Chinese food the other day with my sister and my fortune read:
"Don't worry about the stock market. Invest in Family"

I love it.

I remember when I was a little girl going to China town with my Mom and buying fortune cookies by the big bags, like grocery size paper bags. I thought she just loved the cookies, but I bet she loved a good fortune too because when I inherited her jewelery box it was full of little white pieces of paper full of good fortunes. Like Mother, like daughter I suppose. Lucy was pretty jazzed about her little piece of fortune too so maybe the tradition will continue?

PS. Don't worry I don't put too much stock in to my "fortune" or play my lucky numbers, it's just a fun bonus to some good Chinese food.
PPS. By the way, the Chinese restaurant just North of Northtown mall in Spokane is pretty decent. My sister & I both agree it's no where near as good as the Golden Wheel on 1st street in Yakima Washington, but it was worth the $10.50.

1 comments:

Betty said...

AWE, how nice that Lucy has "felt" fortune cookies to play with now...yeah Auntie Ashley!