


Even if you don't think you enjoy reading these are books I think anyone can get into and enjoy. I am addicted lately to an Author named Shannon Hale. I stumbled upon her because her book Princess Academy is the book club book for our ward. I thought I'd pick it up at the library and see if it was something I could get into. I LOVED IT! Since then I've read several others of her books, and love them as well...I've actually had
several people ask about good books and thought I'd post some of the books I have really enjoyed...(in no particular order). Uglies is a trilogy, and Hunger Games will eventually be a trilogy with the second book coming out September 1st.
I just finished Book of a Thousand Days last night and will start Goose Girl today or tomorrow. I'm sure there are others that I'm just not remembering right now...and of coarse there is the Twilight series which I really enjoyed, I just figured you don't need that as a suggestion on your reading list.
Oh, I don't know how to neatly add pictures - that is why I generally center them above my text, but I'm adding too many to do that this time, so if it's a messy post then I'm sorry.
Oh, as a side note...I just bought 3 new workout DVD's...I should get them in the mail soon. Jillian Michaels? I don't have TV, and so I don't watch Biggest Looser, although I have seen it years ago. I used to watch it when I was at the gym. I'm kind of scared - is it going to be way beyond me and be way too hard? I guess that's the point huh? To push you beyond your limit...I didn't want to buy the book too, so I'm on a wait list at the library...I'm number 5 on the waitlist! So. . .does anyone local have this book I could borrow? I just want to look at the recipes and shopping lists, then if it's worthwhile I'll buy it. I would like to do the 30 days, see if I can stick to it. Believe it or not I used to work out a lot, I loved working out, couldn't go a day or two without hitting the gym, but things change...I wish a gym here had affordable cycle classes I think I would get back into that really easily. It is starting to warm up and I'm excited about that, I love being outside walking/jogging...but I need it to be a decent temp, I'm a total baby when it comes to the cold.


Nauvoo, Illinois
14 years ago

8 comments:
Ooh, you reminded me of a few books I've been wanting to get. And I have a love/hate relationship w/ Jillian from Biggest Loser, lol. She kinda annoys me, but I do like her stamina and she's my "goal" body...except that she's never had kids...guess that'll put a damper on my efforts.
You will love Goose Girl!! I liked it even better than Princess Academy (which I really liked too).
Thanks for the book recommendations. I'll be making a trip to the library tomorrow!
I don't have any of Jillian's dvds but I have a couple of the biggest loser dvds and I like her workouts on those.
so i totally am adding those books to my list! i love hearing about good books! and i seriously want that lady's body! dang.
Matt brought home some of the biggest loser workouts from work. I tried one of them to see how it was. It totally kicked my butt! I was a bit doubtful but I have now considered adding them to my workout library. I also really love the Cindy Crawford workouts,they get me through my Alaska winters without the extra 20lbs.
I want to read all of them! At least the ones I haven't read already anyway!
Jillian does a great workout! The other gal (blondie) from Biggest Loser has an even more amazing body and she doesn't seem so mean. But, maybe the mean is good....DROP and give me 20! NOW. DO IT!
Post a Comment