So I've been crafty lately...I'm not a perfectionist so I am not generally good at crafts, or sewing, or. . .well, we will stop there. I saw the pattern for this doll... the picture below is the pattern, I have not made it yet!
But I know I can't just go from hardly every sewing to sewing something cute...so I worked on the bear pattern as practice and just used fabric I already had...this is how they turned out. The first one I just did buttons for eyes because I had used an extremely thick fabric for the face and couldn't embroider the face on.

I made so many obvious mistakes on the bears because of my personality to "get things done". I need to just slow down and pay better attention to what I am doing. I think once I start on the doll I will do much better.
I also have been wanting to make hair clips for Lucy because I just can't ever find any that I think are cute, that stay in her hair, and are afforable. So I finally bought a box of 70 clips and a couple yards of ribbon, got out my tacky glue and my glue gun and went to work...I'm make some to give away too, these aren't ALL for Lucy!
Nauvoo, Illinois
14 years ago




10 comments:
The bows are very cute, I think the bears turned out well too!
so where did you buy the clips? I found instructioons on how to make these really cute bows and can't find the clips! I love yours, they turned out really cute. The bears were awesome, I don't know what you mean when you say obvious mistakes because they look great!
WOW! You go crafty girl. I love the clips. I may have to do something like that. The bears are cute too. We went to a doll museum a couple of weekes ago and bought a doll kit. It's be fun to put together. Not nearly as difficult as you are attempting. Have fun. You're doing great!
I think you are doing an amazing job with all of your crafting Kim! I don't know where you find the time!
Great work Kim! I wish I had your motivation. Everything turned out way cute.
love it! great job on the bears - those look like alot of fun to make! and the hairclips - those are the only ones that EVER stayed in Celia's hair. they make great gifts! my friends always loved them when I made some for their girls. good job!
Those are so cute! You look pretty crafty to me. I'm sure you'll do great on the dolls.
LOVE THESE!!! I'm way impressed, KRAFTY KIM!!! Keep it up, can't wait to see your next project!! Love ya!!
ok those bears are awesome! i can't wait to see the dolls. lately i have really wanted to learn to sew but i totally have the same personality as you and just want to get it done. i'm so not a detail person unfortunately! i would so pay you to make one of those dolls or bears for brilynn, oh and the bows! i can never find any i like either! let me know if you sell any, i will definitely buy some! nice work little miss crafty! i'm impressed!
Too cute. I LOVE the bears. You did so good. I wouldn't dare attempt something like that. I am amazed with your talent.
Way to go to town on the whole crafty theme. The clips are adorable too. LOVE the butterflies; they were the first to catch my eye. Can't wait to see little Lucy sporting the new clips.
Post a Comment