Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My (near) perfect daughter

This morning we had a great time in our swimming class - night and day from last week! She did a great job and had a lot of fun. She didn't cry or even get upset so I stayed and watched from the side of the pool. She wore her goggles the whole time too!

We came home and the kids I tend came over. I was cleaning the kitchen and they were playing in the living room. Lucy came to me and said...

lucy "Mom, I hit Karli"
me "Why did you do that?"
lucy "Because I want the blue dress for my doll"
me "Okay, well we need to go sit in timeout for 2 minutes"
lucy "Okay"
So I grabbed the timer and she sat down for 2 minutes and then we said sorry to Karli and talked about why we don't hit. How it makes us feel bad inside and hurts feelings of others. She is such an angel! I mean, really, does it get better then this???

2 comments:

The Yancey Family said...

Sweet little Lucy, she really is a good,good girl! Wanna trade? Claire for Lucy, straight across.

Denison's said...

That is so cute that she came and told you that she did something bad, knowing that time out would result in it probably. Your lucky with one good child!