Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Women's Conference

Oh goodness - I love this time of year!

As a church we have our semi-annual General Conference. There is one segment that is specifically for women. This meeting is held in Salt Lake City and is broadcast worldwide in 59 languages. Regardless of whether or not you are a member of our church you can be strengthened and empowered by the words. My favorite was a talk by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. You can watch the video's here. One quote from him I really liked was:

"In the end the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness,
but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance.
Let us open our eyes."

May we each open our eyes a little bit more.
Enjoy the rest of Conference which is on Saturday & Sunday.
Love you all!!!

1 comments:

APAPAOOHMOWMOW said...

We were at Annie's yesterday and she told me how much she enjoyed the same talk. Mom also told me how special it was. So glad that all of you were able to hear it. I am looking forward to conference and being with you. Nick and I will be able attend priesthood meeting together. It's been a while and I miss it. We'll miss you Matt.