Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Three kids and a bus...


I watch a little girl named Karli full time and I take Lucy & Karli to the library for story time with Miss Kathleen each Wednesday. Miss Kathleen is the most amazing, animated story teller I've ever seen! She is just fabulous with the kids and she reads books, sings songs and does flannel board time with them. She even remembers all of the kids names, and there are always at least 30-40 kids in just our time slot (there are 2 time slots to choose from). She is just my hero! Well this week I started watching Karli's brother Kurtis full time too who is 4 years old. Since we can't fit three car seats/booster seats in the car I thought we would try taking the bus. It just takes 10 min to get there on the bus. The kids were so excited! Lucy points out every bus we see driving around so I knew she would be very excited. They were all so well behaved. We took the bus there and really enjoyed library time, read some books, played with the puppets, and farm animal toys and then waited for the bus to come home. Over all it was a great morning, and I'm excited to do this each week with the kids!

4 comments:

Mower Family said...

Wow they have some fancy new buses! We used to love riding the bus around Pullman. The "students" always got a kick out of the kids. I like the new background. Very cool.

NicKim Family said...

Oh, I just got a picture of a bus off line. Same buses here in Pullan. Next week I'll take my camera.

The Yancey Family said...

You are a brave woman. I haven't even made it to story time since Lailie was born, and I can just drive there. It's so nice that you do fun things with them, no wonder they love you!

Denison's said...

That is great that you still take them when you have to take the bus. I don't know if I would do that here, the bus system is probably safer there then here. Comment on your comment, I probably wouldn't be near as good as Michelle either even with tons of cake decorating classes she is very talented.